The Founders of Dancecyprus aspire to provide a permanent, professional company to uplift and entertain our audiences and to inspire dancers and choreographers to believe they have a future in this country.
Dancecyprus has the following aims:
- To perform a repertoire in a variety of styles. The repertoire will also include performances in which part of the program will be music only.
- To encourage artists to be inspired by Cypriot heritage and culture, thus developing the company’s Cypriot identity.
- To create new works.
- To promote performance opportunities for professional dancers and musicians from Cyprus and abroad.
- To extend audiences by providing easy access to a broad spectrum of dance.
- To develop understanding and enjoyment of dance by imaginative programming, lectures, lecture-demonstrations, informal talks, interviews, etc.
- To act as cultural ambassadors abroad.
- To cooperate with other charities where appropriate.
Christina Arestis – Soloist of The Royal Ballet, United Kingdom
Antonio Colandrea – Choreographer,Balletto di Toscana and MaggioDanza, Italy
Martino Tirimo – Concert Pianist, Conductor and Composer
Christakis Christofides, Catherine Dawson, Lellos Demetriades, Pamela Groves, Katerina Ker-Lindsay, Jacqueline Owen, Alecos Shantos, Androula Vassiliou, Joris Vreede
Bryony Brind – Former Principal Dancer of The Royal Ballet, United Kingdom
Martino Tirimo – Concert pianist, Conductor and Composer
Catherine Dawson – Development & Education
Jacqueline Owen – Chairman
Alecos Shantos – Honorary Chairman
Design Associate – Andy Bargilly
Legal Counsel- Lellos Demetriades of Demetriades & Associates
Auditors – KPMG
Wardrobe Mistress – Malvina Michaelidou
Technical Director – Yiangos Hadjiyiannis
Hair Styling – Hugo Bauwens
Associate – Pamela Groves
Nairy Der Arakelian-Merheje
Choreographers to date
Mauro de Candia